Temper of the Times Investor Services, Inc.
a fully licensed broker/dealer, member of FINRA and SIPC, specializes in enrollments in Direct Investment Plans (DRIPs). Temper accepts orders for enrollment in virtually every company that offers a DRIP.
Orders are gathered during the month and accepted until the last business day of the month. Orders are processed during the following month. It will take from two to four weeks for your account to be open (that is, accounts will be open for orders received during the month of October by the end of November).
• Order Forms are available at link 2 (in the box at the right) or, for online orders at link 1. You may also call the office at 1-800-388-9993, ext. 110.
• Print the form, follow the instructions on the form, and mail it with a check to Temper Enrollment Services, P.O. Box 461, Rye, New York 10580.
• Temper transfers to customers the initial qualifying share(s) (usually one share), which many companies require to qualify someone to open a DRIP. It then deals with the transfer agent to get an account open on the company books and reports to its customers about the status of his or her order in accordance with FINRA reporting rules. There is a one-time charge for this service.
Temper Enrollment Services terms are as follows:
1. All checks for DRIP orders should be made payable to Temper of the Times Investor Services Inc.
2. To Register: Enter your full name, date of birth, street address, and Social Secuirty Number (proof if your first name is actually an initial). (Non-U.S. citizens without taxpayer ID, please provide a copy of passport personal data page OR government-issued identification card). * US citizens: please provide copy of US passport personal data page or copy of driver license. Please, either scan your ID document and email it to us as an attachment to email@example.com (copy to firstname.lastname@example.org), or fax it to us at 914-921-9318.
• If other than single registration, indicate the proper form of registration. For example, JT TEN for joint tenancy accounts, where the surviving tenant receives the property automatically. Temper Enrollment Services may not recommend the type of registration. Please seek competent advice before providing us with the type of registration you desire.
• In custodial accounts under the Uniform Gift to Minors Act, name the adult first as custodian and indicate the state: "John Doe, cust. for Jane Doe under NY UTMA." Provide Social Security Number and date of birth for both the custodian and the child.
• For living trust agreements and pension plans, be sure to indicate the date: " In trust for Robert Doe under Trust Agreement dated____." Also a copy of the first and last page of the plan/trust should be sent to Temper.
• For registrations involving corporations, partnerships, or investment clubs, be sure to include the full name of the entity. Send proof of the entity's existence, such as a certified copy of the certificate of incorporation, partnership agreement, or investment club agreement.
• We cannot accept TOD (Transfer of Death) registrations. We cannot accept orders from residents of Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam or American Samoa.
• The following do not allow Tenants by Entirety registrations: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, ME, MN, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, SC, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WI.
• The following do not allow Community Property registrations: AL, AK, AR, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY, and DC.
• W-9 Forms and Enrollment Cards will be sent to you if you are enrolling in the following companies: AFLAC, BB&T Corp., Brown-Forman Corp., Cincinnati Financial Corp., Collectors Universe, Cummins Inc., Eaton Corp., Exxon Mobil, 3M Co., Norfolk Southern Corp., Otter Tail Corp., Polaris Industries Inc., Sherwin Williams Co., Senior Housing Properties Trust, Unilever N.V. W-9 forms and enrollment cards will be mailed to you by us after your DRIP order(s) were accepted by us for processing with these companies. You should sign and return the W-9 form and/or an enrollment card as soon as possible. To obtain W-9 forms or enrollment cards, call 800-388-9993, or contact the Temper Enrollment Services by mail at P.O. BOX 461, Rye, NY 10580.
Disclaimer: TEMPER OF THE TIMES HEREBY DOES NOT MAKE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONVEYS NO JUDGMENT AS TO MERITS OF INVESTING IN ANY SECURITY.
Heres' what we do to open your DRIP account:
1. We acknowledge your order immediately and accept orders until 12 P.M. EST on the last business day of the month. Any corrections to your orders or cancelations of your order must be submitted to us by email or by regular mail no later than the second business day after the enrollment month is closed. Any discrepancy or inaccuracy that is communicated orally, must be re-confirmed in writing to protect your rights, including rights under the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA).
2. You may order no more than the minimum number of shares needed to qualify for the plan. Usually, it is one share.
3. Dividends will be paid to you directly by each company's transfer agent after your DRIP account is open. Any dividends issued during the period beginning with acceptance of your order and ending when your DRIP account is open is retained by Temper Enrollment Services as dividend income.
4. You will be charged the cost of the share on the Temper investment date, which is during the first week of the month following the month when your order was received. If your order can’t be executed for any reason, you will be sent a full refund.
5. The Temper Enrollment Services is not responsible for the quality of your choice of investments, nor is it responsible for the operations of the company or its direct investment plan.
While the situation does not often arise, a company may file for bankruptcy and/or discontinue its plan after the share you ordered was purchased but before the account is opened. Under those circumstances, you will be charged the amount that was paid for the stock and any certificate for the share(s) you may wish to have issued. However, if the account is not opened, you will be refunded the service fee.
6. The Securities and Exchange Commission requires that all broker-dealers advise customers of the broker's practice with respect to payment for order flow. Temper does not receive any payment for order flow.
7. The Enrollment Order Form requests a 10% nonrefundable cushion (however, overpayment amounts of more than $25 are refunded). Please note that even though, as a matter of corporate policy, we do not process overpayments of less than $25 we will act on your individual request to process an overpayment of more than $10, with the understanding that you will cash the check within 30 days.. Refunds of overpayments are issued with the final statement.
a. If you are issued any refund check, please deposit it into your bank account promptly. If you don't deposit your check for any reason, after 3 years it will be ESCHEATED to the State of New York, the state of our incorporation, as abandoned property, and a $25 processing fee will be deducted by us.
8. The Temper Enrollment Services relies on the transfer agents servicing the companies you order. These transfer agents operate independently in accordance with their own corporate processing strategies. Although we strive to make sure your DRIP orders are processed in a timely fashion, Temper cannot guarantee the quality of transfer agent service. Therefore, Temper requests that customers bring to bring to its attention any enrollment that has not been established after six calendar weeks of the original order.
9. Any controversy that may develop relevant to this enrollment shall be submitted to arbitration. Such arbitration shall be conducted in New York, N.Y., by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. in accordance with its rules in effect.
or email: email@example.com
To help the government fight the
funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law
requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record
information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you:
When you submit your order to open a DRIP account, we will ask for your name, address, date
of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.
We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying
documents. If this information is not provided,
we may not be able to carry out any transactions for you, or to honor your DRIP account enrollment request.
ATTENTION: International clients-when paying through PayPal for your DRIP orders please add on 3% of your total DRIP order amount to funds sent to Temper to compensate the firm for PayPal processing fee levied by PayPal on the firm upon transfer of your funds to us.
Please understand that the purchase of the single share is not itself an investment. The value of the share resides in its making you qualified to join the DRIP.